The Great Shopper Stopper Snowstorm of 2009
Friday afternoon I hit the grocery store to stock up. I finally know what a true bread and milk emergency is and Georgia it's not what you have been led to believe! We have plenty of milk, if you need any. Friday night, Nate got the vehicles turned around pointed towards the street. The snow started to fall around 8pm as we watched from the warmth of our living room. It didn't stop falling until early Sunday morning. It snowed for over 24 hours straight without stopping. Unreal.
Saturday was a true snow day. We were amazed at the density and intensity of the pretty white stuff. When they started forecasting a blizzard warning for Saturday afternoon this Georgia girl didn't know what to do with herself. Thankfully that didn't happen, but it sure was windy. We have some snow drifts taller than Will! We were cozily tucked into our home enjoying some great family time and trying not to get too stir crazy.
Today we woke up to a true winter wonderland. Since we've all been sick the last week we didn't go out yesterday in the storm, but today in the stillness with the sun out we made our way outside to take a look around. Will didn't know what to think but was so happy to be out of the house that he just wanted to go and go. I feel like we're somewhere in the Midwest, not Virginia. It's beautiful. The snow plows are hard at work. People have slowly started digging their cars out and headed back into civilization and children are out sledding and throwing snow balls. It's picturesque. How fun to be snowed in for two days with my boys!
Here are some pictures...
Daddy and will watching the snow fall
One of our snowstorm activities was coloring.
Will taking a look on Saturday night. Note the footprint. He would have walked right out in it and sunk if I hadn't grabbed him. I should mention, you have to step down when you leave my front door. That's about 18-20 inches of snow.
Nate beginning to shovel the driveway.
Nate after he finished. Holy icicles Batman!
Will on Sunday morning bundled up (minus his gloves) and ready to go outside.
Our street. Will just wanted to walk and walk. We think he was trying to go see Lizzie, our friend's daughter who lives on the other side of our neighborhood.
Will kept toppling over because of all the layers underneath the snowsuit that's a size to small. (It wasn't too small when I bought it but I digress.) Nate had to hold his back collar to catch him when he started to teeter.
Exhibit A. Toppling in the snow. Brr!
Playing.
Walking some more.
Daddy and Will
Do you see the car?
Will and Mommy.
(Please disregard my outdated and ugly hat. It's all I have and I needed something on my head.)
Will throwing himself on the ground when we said it was time to go back inside. Ahh toddlers.
Back inside. Look at those rosy cheeks!
Out our front door once the snow stopped and sun came out.
Comments