Some things worth mentioning...
Some things are worth mentioning. For example, today Will left me alone in the living room for what couldn't have been more than a few minutes while he made his way to the kitchen. I listened while he explored the baby proofed space easily able to identify his activities. Then it got quiet. Anyone who has kids or has been around them know this is not a good sign. I called him to come back and the silence got louder. I got up to go and see what he had gotten into and this is what I found...

That's right. Our monkey had not just climbed up on the chair but from the chair to the top of the table. Yes, before I started my "get down from theres" I did pause to grab the camera. We're in real trouble when he starts jumping off of things.
Another thing worth mentioning is I have officially entered the last year of my twenties. SCARY! It's a really odd feeling. I think becoming a Mommy makes you feel older regardless but knowing I'm crossing over to the other side of anywhere near my youth is daunting. With that being said, I am looking forward to my thirties. I think twenties is a real time of refining, maturing and confidence building and I look forward to my thirties as a time of knowing who I am, being comfortable in my skin and a great dissolution of insecurities. We'll see if I'm right, but I'm hopeful. Until then, I'll be living up this last year of my twenties.
I had a great birthday despite being sick. I woke up to my boys making me a yummy breakfast, then I headed to choir practice for our Christmas concert (that I ended up missing b/c of being sick - ugh!), then home for lunch with my boys, Will down for a nap and Nate had rented me two chic flicks for the weekend and we watched one of them while opening presents. I got countless phone calls, facebook messages and my dear friend Andie even sent my flowers. So sweet! That night I went out with a bunch of girl friends to celebrate. I have four friends who have birthdays right after the other so we went out to celebrate all of us and it was so much fun! I was feeling like poo but sucked it up for a girls night out and it was oh so worth it, even if I paid for it the next day. Thanks ladies for helping make the day so special!
My yummy cake that Nate and Will made. Will is flush faced with fever. Poor little one. Such a trooper. He crashed not long after this.

Dinner with the girls!

All the birthday gals. The four of us did a Bible Study together this past Summer and didn't realize at the time we all shared the same birth month.

Mariah-on-'fiah and me. Note the birthday pins Melynie got us.

Posing in Shirlington.
That's right. Our monkey had not just climbed up on the chair but from the chair to the top of the table. Yes, before I started my "get down from theres" I did pause to grab the camera. We're in real trouble when he starts jumping off of things.
Another thing worth mentioning is I have officially entered the last year of my twenties. SCARY! It's a really odd feeling. I think becoming a Mommy makes you feel older regardless but knowing I'm crossing over to the other side of anywhere near my youth is daunting. With that being said, I am looking forward to my thirties. I think twenties is a real time of refining, maturing and confidence building and I look forward to my thirties as a time of knowing who I am, being comfortable in my skin and a great dissolution of insecurities. We'll see if I'm right, but I'm hopeful. Until then, I'll be living up this last year of my twenties.
I had a great birthday despite being sick. I woke up to my boys making me a yummy breakfast, then I headed to choir practice for our Christmas concert (that I ended up missing b/c of being sick - ugh!), then home for lunch with my boys, Will down for a nap and Nate had rented me two chic flicks for the weekend and we watched one of them while opening presents. I got countless phone calls, facebook messages and my dear friend Andie even sent my flowers. So sweet! That night I went out with a bunch of girl friends to celebrate. I have four friends who have birthdays right after the other so we went out to celebrate all of us and it was so much fun! I was feeling like poo but sucked it up for a girls night out and it was oh so worth it, even if I paid for it the next day. Thanks ladies for helping make the day so special!
My yummy cake that Nate and Will made. Will is flush faced with fever. Poor little one. Such a trooper. He crashed not long after this.
Dinner with the girls!
All the birthday gals. The four of us did a Bible Study together this past Summer and didn't realize at the time we all shared the same birth month.
Mariah-on-'fiah and me. Note the birthday pins Melynie got us.
Posing in Shirlington.
Comments
Love Grandma Jo