Baby Girl's Shower

This past Saturday some of my dearest friends here in Virginia threw a baby shower brunch for baby girl and I. It was absolutely beautiful. They put so much thought and detail into making it so lovely and everything came together perfectly. Other sweet friends brought food and their sweet smiles to share in the celebration with me. I wish you all could have been there to see it. I left feeling so very loved.

It was kind of bittersweet for me to have this special day without my immediate family there. I was missing my Mom, sister and others. But, as I looked around and saw the dear faces surrounding me (and felt the well wishes from friends who couldn't make it), I was reminded of how much God provides and makes a way. I never in a million years thought I would have one, let alone two babies this far from home, but I am so thankful for my extended friend-family that God has richly blessed me with while He has called us to Virginia.

Here are some pictures from the festivities...

My dear friends and sweet hosts (Heather, Mariah and Rachel) who forgot to send me the wear blue memo-

Lovely and delicious food table (before the finishing dishes were added) with some beautiful flowers my hubby provided, please note the "Bebe" sign hanging in the window-


Darling diaper cake Mariah made, more flowers from Nate and the beautiful and yummy cake my friend Nanette made-

Some of the beautiful ladies-

Heather and Christine (two of my favorite people)-

Sweet Nanette and Jennette-

Baby girl has to have a few pink baby toys to go with all her hand me down blue ones-

Good friends of ours The Ball Family, whose daughters are also Will's babysitters, came and brought this darling homemade gift (they also made a quilt for Will and gave it to me at his shower a few years ago)-

My mother-in-law and mom both were involved with the shower even if long distance via one of the shower games. They also both sent gifts for me to have there to open. In addition to the gift my Mom got for baby girl, she surprised me by sending these two PRECIOUS crocheted hats that she made. It brought tears to my eyes. I can't wait for baby girl to wear them.


We are getting closer and closer to baby girl's arrival and thanks to everyone's generosity our nursery is another step closer to complete. Thank you everyone for making the day so special!

My darling little one, I can't want to meet you and see your sweet face, fingers and toes. We love you so deeply already and look forward to you joining us soon.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ali,
Glad you had a wonderful shower. It looks like you had a great time and received some wonderful things. I know you missed your mom and sister and wish I could have been there too, but God definitely provided in a wonderful way. Love you, Jo :)

Popular Posts