Nonstop Week of Firsts

What a week it has been! Will has had a great amount of firsts. He came home from our Atlanta visit sick and it turns out not only was it a bad cold but he also had his first ear infection which led to his first antibiotics. He got another tooth while in Atlanta but has three more about to pop through. Can't the kid (and his parents!) get a break? He also has ventured forth in his journey towards mobility. We now have a crawler, well, a low crawler. His poor little fore arms have rug burn on them from all the movement! He's into EVERYTHING! There are so many toys and things for him to do but he seems determined to get into all the things he's not supposed too. Let the fun begin, I suppose. He does get frustrated still because he doesn't go fast enough to his liking. I can tell the low crawl is going to be a temporary fix because he's not given up on the all out crawling up on his hands and knees and gets mighty annoyed when it doesn't work. He now is able to sit by himself and we don't have to put a pillow behind him in case he falls backwards. He can sit there and hold himself up for quite a while, but he can't figure out how to go from sitting to his belly so we do have to rescue him eventually.

He's also started chattering this week. He's been making noises for a while but he broke out in long streams of "Da, da, da" that make Nate smile every time he hears them. He's exploring different sounds, consonants and loving every minute of it. You can tell he's excited to start "talking" to us and we're thrilled to hear his sweet little voice. I keep working on the "ma, ma, ma" but he's proud of and content with the "da, da, da." Of course! Ha!

He's started eating some table food this week. We started with Gerber Puffs but he thought the biscuit at Cracker Barrell was just the best - that's my boy! He's still not so sure about bananas. He's been standing while we hold his hands for a while now, but he can now stand and hold himself up at his toys or the ottoman without us holding onto him. We have to be on guard because he can't stop himself when he starts to topple over. He also has started taking steps while we hold his hands. He gets up to about five or six before he get's distracted and wants to dive for a toy on the floor. It's a rough life. Haha!

Like I said, it's been a big week around here with development. I'm ready for a cease in the changes but I'm sure it's like a wildfire we can't contain. I got to hold a friend's 5 week old baby last night and I can barely remember Will being that little. What a precious blur of amazing growth this first year of life holds.

Here are some pictures from the past week. The first two are from our trip to Atlanta that I forgot to post last time.

Riding on the airplane.

DaDa we miss you and we'll be back soon!

At the park.

Swinging like a big boy.

Swinging with my buddy Connor.

Feeding the ducks and geese with Ms. Amelia and Connor.

Reading my books.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Love the pics! And that he loves his Cracker Barrel, obviously he is being raised right! He is growing so fast...today after reading your update and enjoyin gthe photos I ventured over to one of your "blogs followed"...oh my word! Your "brick shy" friend is HILLARIOUS! I almost lost an entire day, I kept reading and getting compelled to read his older posts...i don't even know him and I was laughing out loud at the image I had of his antics! Thanks for sharing...miss seeing you!

Popular Posts