William the Crabby

I figure once we get in the car tomorrow and begin our long journey to Atlanta my pictures of Will from this week will get lost in new ones from our upcoming visit. Granted, there are not a lot of them. We've had quite the week with Will and by quite the week I mean L-O-N-G. Will was great this past weekend never suffering a major melt down or being too disruptive but it turns out he was saving it all up for us this week. Good times. The first two days I figured he was decompressing from his stressful weekend. Dad coming home so I could do the hand off has never been quite so sweet. Whatever it was we're now on Day 5, although Thursday and Friday have been an improvement. Thank goodness since we're packing up and going again tomorrow. On Thursday, I finally got him back to our somewhat happy go lucky baby boy and that's when I took a few pictures. Enjoy!

Part of the problem is Will isn't napping very well. He's become quite the pro at rolling from his belly to his back. In fact, he does it in his sleep. However, once he gets to his back it wakes him up and he can't sleep and he can't roll back to his belly. Bless his baby heart.

Here's him sleeping :

Here's how I found not long after and don't be misled by the binky's location, not only did he roll over he completely scooted himself counter clockwise from 9 o'clock to 6 o'clock taking his binks with him:

I have found if I completely wear him out jumping in his jumperoo before nap time I can guarantee at least a 30 minute break.
Going to town in my jumperoo:

Who are they calling difficult?

Hanging out, reading my book:

Turning pages:

Being cute in my planes, trains and automobiles pjs:


We hope you've had a good week!

Comments

DESIWELCH said…
Good luck on your trip. I pray that you can get some rest...I pray that we can all get some rest :-)
Kim said…
Have you tried placing Will in the 'wedge' - a little triangle thing that sleeps him on his side? Just a suggestion.

We hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family in GA!
Sarah said…
Hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog! I am Heather's friend (from the Thanksgiving post). Anyway, just wanted you to know I totally know those crazy weeks when your kid seems posessed by someone else! I don't know if you've heard this or not, but one theory is that when babies are on the verge of a milestone (aka "touchpoint" as Brazelton calls it), they can get out of sorts - naptime/sleeping screw ups, crankiness, etc. They are so ready to do that next thing (roll over, turn over, crawl, talk, etc.) that their little minds get busy and they want to practice their new skills, even waking to do it. Or maybe he's teething!

Sorry, not trying to be one of the million advice givers you probably encounter, but usually when my son went through phases like this in hindsight I could see he was going through a new milestone. It helped me get through it knowing there was a purpose and "This, too, shall pass." Hang in there and have a blessed Christmas! Sarah (sleepymax site).

P.S. I have been going through the longest phase like this yet - super-velcro boy! He was not clingy at all until aboue 14 months and it's been non-stop since then - he'll be 16 months this week. One thing's for sure about parenting - it never gets boring.

Popular Posts