Week 11: A Week of Firsts

Week 11 has been a big one for me. I had two big firsts. I had to go back to the pediatrician this past Wednesday for another vaccine. While I was there waiting for the nurse, Mommy put me on my belly on the papered table for some tummy time. Mommy was pleased because I shot my head up super high and was kicking my legs a bit and then to her amazement, and my own, I rolled over to my back - more like flipped. It happened super fast. It shocked both of us! She said it was a good thing she was standing where she was or I would have rolled right off the table. It was awesome! She called my Daddy as soon as we got to the car and he was so happy for me. I didn't do it again that night but I did it again for him on Friday so he could see my new trick too.

Okay, the other first isn't as fun. I'm sick. I've been sick since super early Thursday morning (around 2:30am to be exact says my Mommy). I caught a cold somewhere and can't shake it. Don't worry though, Mommy and Daddy have my humidifier going, they propped up my crib mattress and they force me to do these AWFUL saline drops in my nose and then they use that AWFUL blue nose suction thingy. I hate that part, a lot. I hope it goes away soon because this isn't any fun and now Mommy says I gave it to her so we both are not feeling good. Let's just pray that it goes away by Trunk or Treat at church on Friday so I can dress up in my costume Nana bought me.

Some pictures from this week-

Showing Daddy how I can roll over. Look at me get my head and leg up for momentum. Mommy and Daddy call me a little turtle:

Daddy and me. He's proud of my roll:

Look at how big I am laying in my boppy. Go back and look at the August and September blog pictures for a comparison. I'm growing like a weed, so my Mommy says:

Mommy and Daddy tried to get me to roll over again but I couldn't care less. I am sick people, what do you expect from me:


















Sick baby propped up in his swing while napping:

Comments

Unknown said…
I love the second to last one Ali. What is he going to be for Trunk or Treat?
Diana
Kay said…
He just gets cuter and cuter--even with a cold! And he really didn't mean to share it with you. Hope you both feel better very soon so he can don his costume on Friday!
Jen said…
What a little cutie! And so advanced too! Emily Kate isn't even pushing up on her arms yet really. She is only lifting her head up (and not all that much). Anyway, will somebody PLEASE stop these kids from growing?!?! Hope you all feel better soon.

Jen
P.S. - I left a message on your cell.

Popular Posts