Lost Art of Blogging
I came to an abrupt realization recently that my blog posts have gone from regular, to infrequent to obsolete. Why is this, I wondered. I also concluded that my postings on Facebook have increased significantly. I pondered this as well. Have I replaced my blog with Facebook posts? It seems that way. Facebook is faster, easier and quite frankly there is instant gratification with the likes and comments. The blog seemed almost prehistoric in function and effectiveness. I had grown to accept the fact that very few people look at it. I felt it more as a place to compile all of our family's history in one place and that satisfied me, for a while. I also changed computers and where our pictures are stored changed and that just changed the level of complication, not to mention the upgrades blogger has done that have at times confused me. Facebook just made it quick, easy and my audience is greater. Well done, Facebook. Ugh. I have totally caved in to the hype that is FB.
I hope to get caught up and back into the habit of blogging and spend much less time on FB. I miss the writing outlet and ultimately do like having everything about our family in one place so if say there ever was a fire and all my pictures got burned at least we would have this online history. Here's to hoping the back log won't overcome my motivation.
Dear family blog, I've missed you.
I hope to get caught up and back into the habit of blogging and spend much less time on FB. I miss the writing outlet and ultimately do like having everything about our family in one place so if say there ever was a fire and all my pictures got burned at least we would have this online history. Here's to hoping the back log won't overcome my motivation.
Dear family blog, I've missed you.
Comments
Love you!