Glimpses of our Fall

Have I mentioned yet that Fall is my favorite season? It truly makes me happy just looking out the window. This Fall has been a mixture of hot, cold, rainy and crisp beautiful. It seems like the weather just can't make up it's mind. However, this past weekend the leaves were at their finest and Sunday was glorious. Stephen, my brother, was in town visiting so Sunday we headed into the District to take in some sights. It was a great time and makes me that much more excited for my family to head up here for Thanksgiving. I'm so grateful to have such a close family despite the miles between us. We are blessed.

Will has continued to be his energetic self. My brother commented at the end of their first full day with us that he was tired just watching us. However, I would imagine domestic life with a toddler is a far cry from his bachelor-ness. We were impressed this past weekend when he, Will not Stephen, started saying "shoes." He was sitting on the floor in our room holding one of my shoes and he said, "shoes" all on his own. Nate and I both were shocked. We asked him to repeat it, "can you say shoes?" And, he said it again. Wow! It's somewhat normal for him to surprise us with new words but he rarely repeats them and it's not usually prompted by the subject of his communication, meaning he was holding his shoe and said shoe. This is such a fun age where he is discovering the world around him and taking it all in.

We are getting geared up for flu shots and Halloween this weekend. We're going to Trunk or Treat at church so be looking for some cute pictures this time next week.

Below are some pictures from the last few weeks.

Chilling and playing. I imagine this is an expression I'm going to see a lot of in the future.

Chilling on the couch. One of his new favorite places to play.

Wearing his construction hat, PJs and Mommy's socks.

Uncle Stephen visited and brought me a cool gift of wooden blocks. I had so much fun tearing down the towers he built.

Uncle Stephen and Will

Our cool little Fall dude.

American History Museum with Uncle Stephen and his girlfriend Emily Z.

Us and the Washington Monument.

Freedom! Will running around at the World War II Memorial. He was so happy to be out of his stroller. You can see the Lincoln Memorial in the background.

Mommy and Will at the WWII Memorial.

Comments

Kay said…
He is adorable and we can't wait for our Thanksgiving visit! Looks like Stephen and Will are best buds now.

Popular Posts