Daredevil
Nothing like a day of back to back football to make a girl get caught up on some outstanding projects. My attention span for football is about 2 games in a day, and I believe right now we are on number 3 or 4. Ugh! I finished my book earlier which left me idle and antsy. I figure I can work on cleaning my house OR I can update the blog. Guess which I option I picked? You guessed it - the blog! Luckily, Nate didn't marry me for my homemaking skills.
As a mother, sometimes I feel if I blink my eyes I'm going to miss a stage. He's going to learn something new, do something new, say something new and I'm going to have been turning around only long enough to take a sip of wine, I mean water :), and miss it. I'm taking probably half as many pictures as I used to because the kid doesn't sit still long enough for me to get my camera and capture a moment. I feel like I say the words "no" and "no touch" in my sleep because saying that to my "doesn't take no for an answer" son has become as normal as breathing. Don't get me wrong, my Will is a love. As trying and exhausting as our days can sometimes be, they are also filled with sweet moments too. Those moments I want to hold tightly to my heart and stay there in them forever. For example, last week Will started reaching for my hand while he is walking beside me. He doesn't hold it for long but those little fingers reaching for and then clinging to mine are enough to make it all worth it.
Some other new habits he's picked up in the last few weeks are his daredevil climbing skills. All of a sudden the ground and the toys on it are not enough for my daring boy. He wants to climb. He sees every piece of furniture as a challenge, every riding toy as a stepping stool and the couch as his own personal bounce house. How do you teach your child to explore fearlessly while balancing the risk of them falling and busting their lips or nailing their heads on tables as they crash to the floor? Been there, done that and bought the "mother of the year" t-shirt that came with it.
I'm reminded daily that God's grace and strength is sufficient for me as not just His daughter but as Will's Mommy. I'm learning so much as I watch Will grow and every day truly is an adventure, no matter how tame it looks on our calendar. Nate and I recently reflected that we spent the first year of Will's life taking care of a baby, but only now we are starting to truly have to parent him. It's a good thing he's so stinking cute for those days when I say "no" to the same thing 500 times and he never really feels it should apply to him!
Here are some pictures of my daredevil...
It's not enough to figure out how to stand on his walker. He has to try to climb on top of it. You can imagine how that ends.

What Mom? What's the problem? Look I'm smiling at you and being cute. What?

Wow. This is awesome.

Wrestling with Daddy.

Hugging on Daddy when I'm done wrestling.
As a mother, sometimes I feel if I blink my eyes I'm going to miss a stage. He's going to learn something new, do something new, say something new and I'm going to have been turning around only long enough to take a sip of wine, I mean water :), and miss it. I'm taking probably half as many pictures as I used to because the kid doesn't sit still long enough for me to get my camera and capture a moment. I feel like I say the words "no" and "no touch" in my sleep because saying that to my "doesn't take no for an answer" son has become as normal as breathing. Don't get me wrong, my Will is a love. As trying and exhausting as our days can sometimes be, they are also filled with sweet moments too. Those moments I want to hold tightly to my heart and stay there in them forever. For example, last week Will started reaching for my hand while he is walking beside me. He doesn't hold it for long but those little fingers reaching for and then clinging to mine are enough to make it all worth it.
Some other new habits he's picked up in the last few weeks are his daredevil climbing skills. All of a sudden the ground and the toys on it are not enough for my daring boy. He wants to climb. He sees every piece of furniture as a challenge, every riding toy as a stepping stool and the couch as his own personal bounce house. How do you teach your child to explore fearlessly while balancing the risk of them falling and busting their lips or nailing their heads on tables as they crash to the floor? Been there, done that and bought the "mother of the year" t-shirt that came with it.
I'm reminded daily that God's grace and strength is sufficient for me as not just His daughter but as Will's Mommy. I'm learning so much as I watch Will grow and every day truly is an adventure, no matter how tame it looks on our calendar. Nate and I recently reflected that we spent the first year of Will's life taking care of a baby, but only now we are starting to truly have to parent him. It's a good thing he's so stinking cute for those days when I say "no" to the same thing 500 times and he never really feels it should apply to him!
Here are some pictures of my daredevil...
It's not enough to figure out how to stand on his walker. He has to try to climb on top of it. You can imagine how that ends.
What Mom? What's the problem? Look I'm smiling at you and being cute. What?
Wow. This is awesome.
Wrestling with Daddy.
Hugging on Daddy when I'm done wrestling.
Comments