Zoo Day
We decided to be ambitious Labor Day weekend and take Will to the National Zoo. We met up with some friends and made a day of it. It did not surprise us that Will was more interested in watching the people then the animals but it still felt good to flex our parental muscles and do something educational with him. It was hot but we persevered. Our friend's soon to be four year old pretty much led the pack all day as we tried to take in as much as the zoo had to offer.
That's the second time I've been to the zoo and been disappointed with the lack of animal activity. Next time I go it will be late Fall or early Spring so it's cooler. I don't blame those furry beasts for not wanting to come out and play.
Here are a few pictures from our adventures...
Daddy making monkey noises outside the ape house. We thought lovingly of Uncle Ben and Audrey.

Checking out the sleeping ape.

Will pointing out something brilliant I'm sure.

Chilling with my legs crossed waiting to see what's next.

The boys and the elephants.
That's the second time I've been to the zoo and been disappointed with the lack of animal activity. Next time I go it will be late Fall or early Spring so it's cooler. I don't blame those furry beasts for not wanting to come out and play.
Here are a few pictures from our adventures...
Daddy making monkey noises outside the ape house. We thought lovingly of Uncle Ben and Audrey.
Checking out the sleeping ape.
Will pointing out something brilliant I'm sure.
Chilling with my legs crossed waiting to see what's next.
The boys and the elephants.
Comments