Hilton Head Island 2012
I don't know about you but there is really nowhere else I would rather be than with my family while my toes are in the sand. Recently we had the opportunity to do just that and boy did we need it! We have been running ragged the last few months and a week off from the rat race to just enjoy our family was exactly what the doctor ordered. Okay, no doctor ordered it but it was self-prescribed by yours truly.
We went to Hilton Head Island in South Carolina and spent a week with my family down in the South Beach part of Sea Pines Plantation and then a long weekend with Nate's family in Sun City. It was a great 10 days that we did not want to end. The last two nights the four of us stayed in a one room shoe box of a hotel room which felt like camping with a bathroom. Nate and I were skeptical if anyone would get any sleep but we all did great and really had a sweet time together. I often underestimate how resilient, flexible and fun my kids are in the day to day parenting, and this time together definitely helped us realize we are ready to start doing more adventures in the future.
I am so in love with these babies of mine and with our family unit. We are blessed.
| my beautiful babies having fun on the beach |
| be still my heart |
| doesn't get cuter than this little firecracker |
| so blessed |
| Family Vacay! |
| Little Miss |
| Will, Nate and I climbed to the top of the lighthouse in Harbor Town. Will said he climbed "hundreds of stairs." |
| Emmy and her adoring little shadow |
| Will, Nate and Papa did a Pirate Cruise. Cutest thing ever. |
| Until next year... |
Comments