Easter 2012

Easter was a quiet, well as quiet as we get, family event this year.  We decided not to travel so the kids can have fun memories of holiday at home too.  We had a great time from Easter baskets in the morning, to a yummy breakfast which was followed by church, naps, playing outside and then a delicious (not to toot my own horn) Easter dinner.  I made my first ham.  That's right!  It was no Honey Baked Ham but it was a lot cheaper and quite tasty.  It was just sweet time with our little family and I treasure every single moment of it in my heart.  These days are just my favorites with my little ones as everything is an adventure, special and new.  I love experiencing the world all over again through their precious eyes.    

This Easter morning was particularly amusing to me.  Will finally gets things this year which makes it so much fun.  We always do a trail of Easter eggs for them to follow from their rooms to their baskets.  This year I put Fruit Loops in the Easter eggs and who would have known it would be such a show stopper.  Fruit Loops were a first for them as I'm a bit of a scrooge and make them eat non sugary cereals like multi grain cheerios or Kashi brand stuff most days.  You would have thought that Fruit Loops were the finest thing you could ever find to put in your mouths.  They were way more into opening eggs and eating the fruit loops then looking in their lovingly and thoughtfully made baskets.  Next year I'm just going to stick a box out and call it a day.  Ha!   

What is all this???





We put Fruit Loops in the eggs and seriously could not get them to quit eating them and look at me for a picture all morning.  Hysterical!







Comments

Heather said…
So glad you updated this. Love the Easter egg trail idea. :)
Anonymous said…
I agree with Heather and the crepe paper streamers were cute, too.

Popular Posts