Gulf Crawl

We have had a crazy few months. We welcomed sweet Laura to our family 7 months ago, have watched our energetic Will grow from toddler to little boy, we uprooted our enitre lives by moving to Alabama and somewhere in there had the holidays and our anniversary. It's been a crazy few months.

In the interest of exhaling and having some time just the two of us, I decided to surprise Nate with an unexpected birthday present. I told him I was kidnapping him and all he knew was that we were headed to Florida. Everything else was a surprise. I called it a Gulf crawl because we had more than one destination on our itinerary. He said he wanted an iPad originally, but I think he ended up happy with what he got.

Take a look...

We left Friday mid-morning and drove straight to Pensacola Beach, FL where we had lunch at Hemingways right on the water.

Our first night we stayed at the Lee House Bed & Breakfast on the Pensacola Bay.


That afternoon we visited the National Museum of Naval Aviation in Pensacola, home of the famous Blue Angels. It was a great museum.


We had dinner at The Fish House. It was sinful how good the food was, best shrimp grits ever.


Breakfast the next morning on the veranda at the Lee House overlooking the bay.

Then we headed East on the scenic gulf drive headed towards Destin.

We stayed at the fabulous Henderson Park Inn B&B where we had lunch on the beach, happy hour at the tiki bar and then dinner out on the deck at their yummy restaurant.



Can you see the exhale in our eyes? Great weekend trip and now we're excited to go back sometime later this Summer with the kids. Love the gulf!

Comments

Popular Posts