Thankful
Today was my first day home with the babes by myself. All our family visitors of the last month finally went home. We are at the beginning of starting to embrace our new normal and establish some sort of routine. I was prepared to need to run for the hills as soon as Nate got home but we actually did alright.
Will was a big helper and listened (well enough) all day long. We had friends over this morning for a play date which really seemed to help set him up for the day as he is now accustomed to the constant entertainment and stimulation of family at his beck and call. We only watched the movie Cars two and a half times -ha!
Laura did our normal routine like a champ (eat, awake time, sleep, transfer to pack n' play so I can have one on one with Will time - rinse and repeat) all day until about 4pm when the bewitching hour hit. She doesn't seem to be a fan of nighttime these days as she tends to be fussy off and on from 4pm until about 10pm. I don't think she has colic but she definitely has tummy issues that really seem to bother her in the evenings. Poor girl. Thankfully her brother seems to sleep through it, so far. We have a fiesty little one on our hands. Her Daddy says "the force is strong within this one."
The three of us made it through day one and were all so very excited to hear the garage door go up and see Daddy come through the door. I've never been more overwhelmed and more in love in my entire life.
These pictures are from the last week or so.
Look who fits in my lap again for stories! I can actually fit two of them as needed. :)

Baby Girl

Sissy-long-legs

Precious silent, I mean sleeping, baby

Almost a smile on her face while all snuggled in her carrier

The force is strong in this one too, and people say God doesn't have a sense of humor. Ha!

My love and me

Trip #2 to watch the "pare-panes" and this time Daddy came a long. Yes, Will found a big stick to carry around as soon as we got there.

Laura and I hung out and had a quick bottle. She was totally bundled up in there. It was chilly outside.

Little tree climber

Will wanted to hold the baby and from the look on Laura's face the feeling was not so mutual

He then wanted her to lay by him on the floor. Related much???
Will was a big helper and listened (well enough) all day long. We had friends over this morning for a play date which really seemed to help set him up for the day as he is now accustomed to the constant entertainment and stimulation of family at his beck and call. We only watched the movie Cars two and a half times -ha!
Laura did our normal routine like a champ (eat, awake time, sleep, transfer to pack n' play so I can have one on one with Will time - rinse and repeat) all day until about 4pm when the bewitching hour hit. She doesn't seem to be a fan of nighttime these days as she tends to be fussy off and on from 4pm until about 10pm. I don't think she has colic but she definitely has tummy issues that really seem to bother her in the evenings. Poor girl. Thankfully her brother seems to sleep through it, so far. We have a fiesty little one on our hands. Her Daddy says "the force is strong within this one."
The three of us made it through day one and were all so very excited to hear the garage door go up and see Daddy come through the door. I've never been more overwhelmed and more in love in my entire life.
These pictures are from the last week or so.
Look who fits in my lap again for stories! I can actually fit two of them as needed. :)
Baby Girl
Sissy-long-legs
Precious silent, I mean sleeping, baby
Almost a smile on her face while all snuggled in her carrier
The force is strong in this one too, and people say God doesn't have a sense of humor. Ha!
My love and me
Trip #2 to watch the "pare-panes" and this time Daddy came a long. Yes, Will found a big stick to carry around as soon as we got there.
Laura and I hung out and had a quick bottle. She was totally bundled up in there. It was chilly outside.
Little tree climber
Will wanted to hold the baby and from the look on Laura's face the feeling was not so mutual
He then wanted her to lay by him on the floor. Related much???
Comments