Laura Love
What a journey we have already been on with our sweet, baby girl. Some of you may not know that Laura ended up losing almost two pounds from her birth weight, and we had some anxiety ridden days trying to figure out what was going on and trying to get her weight back up. Thankfully she started gaining and while we are not back up to her birth weight, we are getting closer. We are so relieved and grateful.
Laura is such a joy. She is an easy baby, well, now that we are making sure she has a full belly. Ha! At night she gives us about four hours, give or take, of uninterrupted sleep. It can be a little tough but it's a start and after she wakes up for her 4AM feeding she likes to snuggle in bed with me rather than go back in her bassinet. I let her. :) She already loves to smile and make little laugh like noises at Nate and I. She and I have started having little giggle chats after she eats, I do most of the talking but we both do lots of smiling. I hope it's a reflection of giggles and real conversations we will have as she gets older.
She hears her brother's voice and looks for him and he sure does adore his "baby Lawa." He always has to know where she is, lets us know if she's crying while telling us to give her the binkie, he likes to help give her bottles and push the stroller. Today I had her in the swing and watched as he, of his own thoughtfulness and initiative, went and got her blanket and took it over and covered her with it. I got tears in my eyes as I watched. Will has been acting out in other ways but has never directed his frustrations at his sister. She is one blessed baby girl and he is one blessed big brother.
Laura at 1 Month

Sleepy Angel

It's a rough baby life

Jammie Time

Will loved this Panda Gym when he was a baby and our friend Nanette loaned it to us again for Laura - so far Will is still a big fan

Sweet little face

This little doll is starting to really smile and she and I enjoy sweet time smiling and giggling together after she eats. She also tries so hard to laugh but right now it's just little squeaks. PRECIOUS!


Daddy and his munchkin

5 weeks old
Laura is such a joy. She is an easy baby, well, now that we are making sure she has a full belly. Ha! At night she gives us about four hours, give or take, of uninterrupted sleep. It can be a little tough but it's a start and after she wakes up for her 4AM feeding she likes to snuggle in bed with me rather than go back in her bassinet. I let her. :) She already loves to smile and make little laugh like noises at Nate and I. She and I have started having little giggle chats after she eats, I do most of the talking but we both do lots of smiling. I hope it's a reflection of giggles and real conversations we will have as she gets older.
She hears her brother's voice and looks for him and he sure does adore his "baby Lawa." He always has to know where she is, lets us know if she's crying while telling us to give her the binkie, he likes to help give her bottles and push the stroller. Today I had her in the swing and watched as he, of his own thoughtfulness and initiative, went and got her blanket and took it over and covered her with it. I got tears in my eyes as I watched. Will has been acting out in other ways but has never directed his frustrations at his sister. She is one blessed baby girl and he is one blessed big brother.
Laura at 1 Month
Sleepy Angel
It's a rough baby life
Jammie Time
Will loved this Panda Gym when he was a baby and our friend Nanette loaned it to us again for Laura - so far Will is still a big fan
Sweet little face
This little doll is starting to really smile and she and I enjoy sweet time smiling and giggling together after she eats. She also tries so hard to laugh but right now it's just little squeaks. PRECIOUS!
Daddy and his munchkin
5 weeks old
Comments