Fall Fun

Yesterday was a beautiful Fall day and since it feels we missed the whole month of October being home with a newborn, we decided to bundle everyone up and head to the park. We are normally found at our favorite Leesylvania State Park but yesterday we decided to branch out a bit and visit Burke Lake Park again. It has been over a year since we were there last. We had so much fun and can't wait to go back in the Spring once the train and carousel are going.

Like most little boys, Will loves to be outside exploring everything. There isn't a stick he doesn't want to pick up, rock he doesn't want to carry around and leaf he doesn't want to throw. Who am I kidding, he wants to throw all of them though he's not allowed too. Laura slept the entire time we were there so she was just along for the ride. We enjoyed time on the playground before beginning our nature walk and ended with a fun picnic lunch before heading home. Unfortunately, I forgot my Nikon so all the pictures are from our small, diaper bag point and shoot. Ugh! Moments are captured though and I guess that's all that counts.

I was trying to get Will to smile at the camera so I smiled and pointed at the corners of my mouth. I then told him to smile so he's grimacing and pointing to the sides of his mouth. Awesome.

Sleeping Beauty

Peek a Boo!

This stop was a fan favorite for Will. He loved throwing leaves and rocks down into the creek.

Picnic time

Silliness

Do we look as exhausted as we feel? We had Will doing wind sprints while we took this - no lie!

Minus one

Checking on "baby Lawa" - yep still sleeping

Will do it! Okay.

Comments

Emily said…
This post is just adorable! I love the picture of Will throwing leaves in the water with Nate. Very sweet moment - favorite part is Nate holding Will so he doesn't fall in the water! ha! You look great in that green shirt btw!

Popular Posts