October 12, 2010
October 12, 2010. What is that date, you ask? Will is going to be a big brother and that is the due date for our new baby's arrival. If you read my blog then there is a really good chance you already know this information, but regardless it is officially past time for the big family blog announcement. We're having another baby and it's a baby girl!
We had the big ultrasound yesterday where we got the great news that she is healthy and everything is doing what it's supposed to do. She's already 10 ounces and I am 19 weeks and 2 days which is just a day off what we originally thought. We also realized we're about to go broke buying dresses, bows, dolls and tea sets. Nate and I both are overjoyed and actually surprised. I felt pretty strong that it was a boy. You can imagine how quickly my jaw dropped as we watched the screen. Before the ultrasound tech even announced it we both stared as we quietly realized that there were no little boy parts. When the tech actually said it out loud we were both thrilled, stunned and totally overwhelmed. A little girl. Our whole truck and choo choo train world is about to change. Change for the better, I say! I'm no longer going to be out numbered by boys!!
She was so precious on the screen. She squirmed around constantly which was no surprise since I've been feeling a lot of movements the last two weeks. She wasn't as active as Will was at our ultrasound with him. I personally found that to be a relief. Ha! We watched as she kicked her legs, moved her hands, sucked on her toes, sucked on her fingers and moved her arms around. She seemed to always be holding onto something. At one point she was holding on to the umbilical cord and Nate pointed out she's already controlling things. I think the girl just happens to already know what she wants, just like her Mommy. We saw one moment of her with one hand on her forehead and the other with her fingers in her mouth. So stinking cute. We are already deeply in love.
Will currently doesn't understand what's going on. He notices my belly is changing because sitting in my lap isn't as comfortable as before. The other day he actually poked at it. Ha! I try to say it's his baby in there but he's 21 months and hasn't a clue. We tried to start pointing at my belly and asking "where's Mommy's baby?" When asked the question he points at himself and quite frankly he's right so I haven't the heart to correct him. We'll have to try another tactic.
We are almost halfway through this pregnancy and time is flying by. We can't wait to meet our new little one and bring her home to join our family. Here's one more shot of her sweet little profile. It looks a lot like her big brothers!
Comments
I can't believe your pregnancy is already halfway over. I still feel like I just found out about it!