Will's Baby Dedication

Yesterday was Will's baby dedication at our church. My parents were able to fly up from Atlanta and be there to stand with us as we publicly dedicated our son to the Lord. Thank you to those who traveled to share the day with us and we missed those who could not make it. There were four family's who participated in the baby dedication. Two of the other family's are friends of ours so it was a privilege and joy to share the moment with them too.

For those wondering what the difference is between a baby dedication and a baby christening/baptism, in my opinion it's simple. There was no dunking, sprinkling or any water in the process at all - even though Will's a little fish and would have loved it. We believe that baptism is a personal choice of public proclamation of your faith in Jesus Christ. We hope and pray that we will lead our family in a way that directs Will on this path but the choice to do so is his. I believe yesterday was a public dedication of him to the Lord and a public commitment that we as parents will raise him under the authority of Christ and the guidance of His Word. What a humbling challenge and responsibility. We can't wait to see the man of God he will grow to be.

Our new main picture at the top of the blog was our family prior to leaving for church. Below are a few from the dedication itself.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Ali...you look BEAUTIFUL in the picture at the top of this page. Nate...I love your tie! :)
And Will is so precious, I just want to have a smiling fight with him. I miss him and both of you so much. I love you and regret that I couldn't be with you for the dedication. This Aunt is dedicated to guiding Will in his choice to serve Jesus Christ as well. I'm glad Mom and Dad could be there for support.
I love you guys!!!!
Annette&Bob said…
So happy for you guys! I also cannot wait to see what God has in store for this amazing little guy. And, I love the new picture at the top of the page.
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful blessing to dedicate Will to the Lord! I think of the verse that says, "God honors those who honor Him." I know that God will honor your decision to dedicate Will to Him. We missed not being with you all but know that you are never far from our thoughts and prayers. We love you and are thankful for the gift of Baby Will.
Grandma Jo & Grandpa Doug

Popular Posts