Soup Kitchen at Our House!

I have so much to learn about being a Mommy. Everything in my life has changed. Things that used to take no time at all now have to be thought through and scheduled. It can take me a day or two to get a chore completed that used to take me an hour. Some things I have to let go of and just accept that they aren't as important as I once thought they were because in the grand scheme of things holding my little boy and playing with him is more important. These cuddles are fleeting and for a moment because before I know it he will be pushing his way out of my arms so he can play on the floor. Every day is a lesson. I am enjoying every second as I have truly never known such love.

I was reminded of this because this past Saturday we had a few friends over for a potluck dinner. Preparing for a party took on a whole new meaning but it all worked out and came together. We named it the Soup Kitchen and Recession Potluck Party. You know me, all my parties need a theme. :) Everyone brought a soup, stew or Fall dish. We had a lot of fun and are blessed with the good friends God has provided us up here.

Some pictures from the party:


The girls.

The boys (and Katie).

Connor and Will having a stare down. Connor was very intrigued that Will could look right at him this time. I think he thought Will was a toy. He kept low crawling over to him and trying to touch his face. Ha!

Amelia and myself with Danielle giving us bunny ears in the background. Or, maybe she's preaching peace. I don't know. I think the majority of Amelia and my pictures together look like this in some shape or form.

Heather the baby whisperer lulled the Will monster to sleep. Isn't she glowing! Pregnancy suits her.

Some Will fluff from the prior week:


Sleeping while holding Mommy's hand.

Enjoying the Bumbo.

Big eyed baby with hands in his mouth. These days his hands are always in his mouth and you can hear the sucking sounds from the other room. If there is something in his hands like a toy, blanket, our hands, etc., they end up in his mouth too.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is so awesome to see all the friends that God has blessed you with and the playmates for Will as well. I love the theme to your party. You'll have to share some of the great receipes with me.

Give Will a hug for me.

Love, Grandma Jo

Popular Posts