Attitude of Gratitude
Happy Thanksgiving!
My mom told me a few days ago that she had her Bible Study group over and they were discussing the cliche phrase, "attitude of gratitude." Well, when they discussed it they were being serious and truly pondering this type of mindset. I was the one who sarcastically followed up Mom's summary with "blah, blah, blah" and it's me calling it a cliche phrase. How many times have we heard someone say that or heard a sermon preached on it? A lot. It stuck with me though creeping into my thoughts throughout the week. Do I have an attitude of gratitude? More then that, do I have a heart of gratitude? I think being thankful for things negates our self absorption. Maybe it's just me? When I consider what and who I'm thankful for it makes me think of God who is the provider of every single one of them.
Sometimes it is so hard to pull myself out of my head. Selfishness is seductive and consuming. However, I think one of the quickest ways to do so, other than getting off my hind end and serving others, is to think of what I'm thankful for and Him who gave them to me. This is a mindset, a heartset, that I am determined to try to live better not just around Thanksgiving but all year.
Here are some pictures of Will from the past week. I don't think I've ever been more grateful or felt more unworthy then for the gifts of this precious baby boy and his sweet Daddy.
Will enjoying chewing on his hands and playing in the bumbo while Momma and Daddy do the dishes.
Will watching football. He loves it.
This weekend we introduced Will to his exersaucer. He LOVES it. We didn't realize how much he had grown until we put him in here and his little feet touch the ground and he can hold himself up without our assistance at all. It's a good thing but also a little bittersweet as he's growing so fast. He had so much fun with all the bright colors and noises.
Comments
Diana (Charleston, SC)