Can it get better than Publix?
Why yes, yes it can!
Many of you have heard me whine and even lament over the past 2 1/2 years since moving to Woodbridge about the poor choices in grocery stores. I didn't realize how much I had taken the Publix's of the world for granted until I moved here and was stunned and disappointed at the quality and product comparison! We didn't have Publix in Charlotte but at least we had a Harris Teeter on every corner.
Well, I have finally found a store that not only rivals Publix but actually trumps it. Who knew a store of that caliber exists? I surely did not. May I introduce you to Wegmans? In the words of my friend Heather, "Wow, wow, wow." Wegmans is the largest, most all consuming grocery store I've ever been in. If I could take pictures and post them I would, but that might be a bit over the top and any lingering questions of my sanity would be concluded.
When you first enter the store you come face to face with the largest, jaw dropping produce section I've ever seen. All the fruit, veggies and herbs almost brought tears to my eyes. I ended up buying more fruit and vegetables then I had intended. This is not a bad thing. It almost felt like you were at a farmers market...but cleaner and with air conditioning.
The fresh bread counters, fresh cheese counters, fresh seafood counters, fresh pastry and dessert counters, fresh meat counters, not to forget all the ready made fresh food sections, fresh flowers, wine etc. it was like a food paradise. I wouldn't mind moving in. I'm not going to bore you with details of the actual grocery aisles with the other boxed, bagged and frozen products or tell you about the cute electric train that runs itself around the dairy section. But, it's all just wow!
The only critique I could possibly have is that Wegmans will never be a quick trip. I think this place is the size of two football fields. Massive. However, if you weren't hungry when you got there you will be by the time you leave between the walking and all the samples.
I know you think I've lost my mind to dedicate a blog entry to a grocery store, but if you ever experience it you will totally understand. It's like a food amusement park. Next time you come to visit I look forward to showing you Woodbridge's latest attraction...Wegmans. It's simply the best.
Many of you have heard me whine and even lament over the past 2 1/2 years since moving to Woodbridge about the poor choices in grocery stores. I didn't realize how much I had taken the Publix's of the world for granted until I moved here and was stunned and disappointed at the quality and product comparison! We didn't have Publix in Charlotte but at least we had a Harris Teeter on every corner.
Well, I have finally found a store that not only rivals Publix but actually trumps it. Who knew a store of that caliber exists? I surely did not. May I introduce you to Wegmans? In the words of my friend Heather, "Wow, wow, wow." Wegmans is the largest, most all consuming grocery store I've ever been in. If I could take pictures and post them I would, but that might be a bit over the top and any lingering questions of my sanity would be concluded.
When you first enter the store you come face to face with the largest, jaw dropping produce section I've ever seen. All the fruit, veggies and herbs almost brought tears to my eyes. I ended up buying more fruit and vegetables then I had intended. This is not a bad thing. It almost felt like you were at a farmers market...but cleaner and with air conditioning.
The fresh bread counters, fresh cheese counters, fresh seafood counters, fresh pastry and dessert counters, fresh meat counters, not to forget all the ready made fresh food sections, fresh flowers, wine etc. it was like a food paradise. I wouldn't mind moving in. I'm not going to bore you with details of the actual grocery aisles with the other boxed, bagged and frozen products or tell you about the cute electric train that runs itself around the dairy section. But, it's all just wow!
The only critique I could possibly have is that Wegmans will never be a quick trip. I think this place is the size of two football fields. Massive. However, if you weren't hungry when you got there you will be by the time you leave between the walking and all the samples.
I know you think I've lost my mind to dedicate a blog entry to a grocery store, but if you ever experience it you will totally understand. It's like a food amusement park. Next time you come to visit I look forward to showing you Woodbridge's latest attraction...Wegmans. It's simply the best.
Comments