Doves, S'mores & Bruises
(I just recently received the below Labor Day pictures so hopefully that explains the "delay of blog." I'm just trying to confuse you all. Did it work?)
We spent Labor Day weekend in Georgia with the Bell Family. The weekend started off Saturday heading towards the Brady's Farm in Monroe, GA for the annual Dove Hunt. This is a "by invitation only" event so we were grateful and excited to be included this year.
The Bell group looked like a bunch of camoflauge ragamuffins due to a misplacement of the gear. It's one part piece meal the other part Walmart, last minute, that had to be captured for posterity. Dad, Stephen, Nate and Emily spent the hours shooting at dove's while I tried my hand at taking shots with Mom's new camera. Some of them came out blurry but I was still learning the settings at that point. I have decided what I'm putting on my Christmas list though. Hint, hint.
Sunday was a great day. The Padgett's, Chen's and Langmack's joined us at the lakehouse for an afternoon and evening of bbq, swimming, skiing, boating and a lot of laughter. It was such a treat to spend some relaxed, quality time with family we don't get to see very often. We even had s'mores down at the fire pit once the sun went down. I mean, how often do you get to actually do that anymore. Hilary and I even cooked our hot dogs over the fire. Good times!
Monday. Did you know that you could get bruises from water skiing? I didn't. I mean, unless your ski flies off and hits you in the head I just couldn't forsee any impending bruises or wounds from water skiing but reality is you can - I have a few to prove it.
Emily and I were trying our hand at doubles skiing. Honestly, I was feeling pumped to just get up on the first try by myself but when the jeers and cheers came from the boat to add a double Emily jumped in the water. I said, "Lord, if you can just help me get up, stay up and not ski smack into my little sister who was holding on for dear life to my left, I will be forever grateful."
She and I both laughed, talked smack and truly giggled our way through the whole thing.
So, you may wonder when the bruises came into play. Well, Emily dropped at one point and I kept going while the boat made a loop to get back to her. I was doing fine and enjoying my triumph of going further then my 15 year old in shape sister, when her rope that was still being pulled by the boat ran under my ski. Had we just gone straight rather then to her rescue I would have been fine, but once the turn was made her rope came over and there was no going back. I skiied right over it. I held my breath and for a moment thought it was all clear and started to smile but then it caught the tail end of my ski. I didn't get the joy of observing my fall but my guess is it wasn't pretty. I think I had a headache for 2 days from hitting the water so hard. And, like I said before, I have the bruises to prove it. Unfortunately for you but fortunate for me, there were no cameras out with us on that boat ride.
The Lake-
Nate & Stephen:

JoEllen(Nate's Mom) & Kay(Alison's Mom):

Hilary & Em:

Nate & Ben:

The Dove Hunt-
Nate:

Emily:

Dad & Uncle Hal:

Stephen:

Clay, Stephen & Nate
We spent Labor Day weekend in Georgia with the Bell Family. The weekend started off Saturday heading towards the Brady's Farm in Monroe, GA for the annual Dove Hunt. This is a "by invitation only" event so we were grateful and excited to be included this year.
The Bell group looked like a bunch of camoflauge ragamuffins due to a misplacement of the gear. It's one part piece meal the other part Walmart, last minute, that had to be captured for posterity. Dad, Stephen, Nate and Emily spent the hours shooting at dove's while I tried my hand at taking shots with Mom's new camera. Some of them came out blurry but I was still learning the settings at that point. I have decided what I'm putting on my Christmas list though. Hint, hint.
Sunday was a great day. The Padgett's, Chen's and Langmack's joined us at the lakehouse for an afternoon and evening of bbq, swimming, skiing, boating and a lot of laughter. It was such a treat to spend some relaxed, quality time with family we don't get to see very often. We even had s'mores down at the fire pit once the sun went down. I mean, how often do you get to actually do that anymore. Hilary and I even cooked our hot dogs over the fire. Good times!
Monday. Did you know that you could get bruises from water skiing? I didn't. I mean, unless your ski flies off and hits you in the head I just couldn't forsee any impending bruises or wounds from water skiing but reality is you can - I have a few to prove it.
Emily and I were trying our hand at doubles skiing. Honestly, I was feeling pumped to just get up on the first try by myself but when the jeers and cheers came from the boat to add a double Emily jumped in the water. I said, "Lord, if you can just help me get up, stay up and not ski smack into my little sister who was holding on for dear life to my left, I will be forever grateful."
She and I both laughed, talked smack and truly giggled our way through the whole thing.
So, you may wonder when the bruises came into play. Well, Emily dropped at one point and I kept going while the boat made a loop to get back to her. I was doing fine and enjoying my triumph of going further then my 15 year old in shape sister, when her rope that was still being pulled by the boat ran under my ski. Had we just gone straight rather then to her rescue I would have been fine, but once the turn was made her rope came over and there was no going back. I skiied right over it. I held my breath and for a moment thought it was all clear and started to smile but then it caught the tail end of my ski. I didn't get the joy of observing my fall but my guess is it wasn't pretty. I think I had a headache for 2 days from hitting the water so hard. And, like I said before, I have the bruises to prove it. Unfortunately for you but fortunate for me, there were no cameras out with us on that boat ride.
The Lake-
Nate & Stephen:

JoEllen(Nate's Mom) & Kay(Alison's Mom):

Hilary & Em:

Nate & Ben:

The Dove Hunt-
Nate:

Emily:

Dad & Uncle Hal:

Stephen:

Clay, Stephen & Nate
Comments