Will-isms
For starters, did I mention on the blog that at his two year appointment we got his measurements and he is still holding steady with the 98th percentile for height, 90th for weight and he's projected to be around 6'4"? Yea, that's right. I have no idea how we will keep him fed during his teenage years. I'm going to live in my kitchen.
He says and does the cutest things right now. I delight in him daily. He loves to go to church and see his "fends" (friends). In fact, when we get home from church he gets in his cozy coupe and tells me, "Will goes to church, see my fends." Will loves his friends. He is such a social little fellow. Another thing he's done lately with the same cozy coupe is go on trips. The point of this fun game of imagination is the homecoming. He barely goes far and then says, "Will's home, Will's home" and then gets out of his vroom-vroom, runs over and gives me a hug. It's much like what happens around here when Daddy gets home from work.
It's like turning two unlocked his vocabulary. We're amazed daily at his words, sentences and imitations of what we say. It's quite amazing to see our little guy be able to truly communicate with us and others. When he uses full sentences it blows me away. One of the ways he utilizes his new social skills is whenever we go out. Will doesn't know a stranger. He talks to everyone at the grocery store, mall, Target or anywhere he goes. In fact, last night at Wegmans he was telling some random girl "Hi" and once she responded he proceeded to tell her all about the choo choo train. On a different aisle there was a girl picking out a cereal and he kept looking at her saying, "hi fend, hi fend." She never looked up to him on the cart but he kept trying until I pushed him through. When people ignore him or don't acknowledge him, he kind of stares them down and then starts all over again. It's pretty adorable but we aren't far from having to work on the whole stranger danger thing. He also loves to give hugs. I love that about him and I think my friends do too. Will gives great hugs.
Everything right now is "Will's turn," "Mies" (not mine but mies) and "Will fix it." He is totally two. Ha! He isn't shy about telling us exactly what he wants when he wants it. He has a great love for "vroom vroom's" and trains still. He carries them everywhere and drives them all over furniture, people and himself. He also loves music. You should hear him play the kazoo! We have a little performer on our hands for sure.
He cries out for "help" often and I've tried to tell him about crying wolf but he doesn't get it. I spent so much time teaching him to ask for help (rather than fussing, pointing, etc.) it's funny to now be teaching him to stop. He uses the word "Owie" for boo boos. "Owie Mommy, Owie." It doesn't matter how great or small, a kiss from me makes it better. I love being his Mom and already get teary over knowing how fleeting these moments are but I suppose that could also be the hormones talking. :)
He's a big fan of "chicken and fries" and asks for them all the time. In fact, all he needs to do is see the Chickfila logo and he begins his campaign to have some. Some other favorites are "bunnies" (crackers), "pitzah," waffles, bagels, milk and cookies. We spent so much time not letting Will have sugar and his Daddy gave him half a Oreo once and now he asks for them at every given opportunity. Fortunately, the organic bunny crackers also come in chocolate chip. Ha!
He loves The Little Einsteins right now on TV. He calls them "Ei-steins." He constantly does, "pat, pat, pat, pat...blast off!" He's also a big fun of the Mickey Mouse Playhouse. I find these shows somewhat educational and not so bad if you're going to have to watch a kid show, which we are doing too much of right now since I'm so pregnant.
He is our stop light watcher while we drive around. He loves to watch the red lights and green lights. "Red means stop and green means go." His new word of late is "no." Yea, that's fun. He loves to run around the house. We call it doing laps. If you say, "ready, set, go" he takes off. He's very much into playing. "Will play now?" "Daddy play now?" "Mommy play now?" These requests often come when it's to change his diaper, go to bed or something else he doesn't want to do. I'll ask if he's stinky and he'll go, "no, Will play now" and take off.
If we forget to pray before a meal, Will reminds us and often asks to do it again once we're done. We sit down, he takes both of our hands, bows his head and closes his eyes while his Daddy says the prayer. He then closes when an enthusiastic "amen" while he still does the baby sign language at the same time. Most precious thing ever to look over and see my little guy bowing his head with his eyes closed. Blesses my heart. One other cute thing he does at meal time is once he's finished with his dinner he'll look over me and say "all done, Will play now." Then he will look at me solemnly and say, "Daddy play too?" It's like he's asking my permission. It's hysterical.
He's very enthusiastic about his baby sissy although he truly doesn't get it. He will soon enough. If you ask him where the baby is he no longer points at himself but now comes over and touches my belly. He's even given her a kiss or two. He's had fun helping us get her room together, "sissy's room" and thinks her bouncy seats are his new toys. Ha! We have one blue one that we had for him and one pink and brown one we got from a friend. He says the blue one is his and the pink/brown one is sissys. :)
That's enough for now. I could easily add many more paragraphs. I recognize that there is probably no one still reading all of that but I'm compelled to document it. I guess this blog post is more for me anyways. I love this kid and while I am so ready to meet his baby sister, I am really going to miss my one on one time with him. It has been such a fun two years with my little buddy and me.
Comments