Georgia in May
We recently traveled to Georgia for John's graduation and stayed for Memorial Day weekend. Nate flew back and forth for work. We got to spend time with both of our families and let Will really immerse himself in life there. He now seems to have names for just about everyone, which was important to us because it means it's more than some distant relative but rather a familiar face he can now point out by name in pictures. This is an important thing for us since we live long distance.
We got to see some of our South Georgia family at a family reunion Memorial Day weekend which was a lot of fun. Will got to play with his cousins which I always am grateful for. Overall, it was a busy trip with a few days of rest here and there.
On the last day of our trip we got the unexpected call telling us that a close family friend had passed away, Mr. Joel Padgett. He is a part of every Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter, graduations, etc. memory I have as a child, teenager and adult. The Padgett family is my family so it was with a heavy heart we said goodbye, but there is peace in knowing he is no longer in pain and finally at rest in the presence of Jesus. We were glad to be able to stay in Georgia a few extra days to be there with the family and for his memorial service. He will be missed.
The Padgett/Eagar/Chen family (pre Audrey) in 2007 (Mr. Joel is far right).

Pictures from our trip-
John's Graduation - hard to believe he's headed for college! We're very proud of him.

Nate and his Dad - otherwise known as Grandpa

My sweet sister and my pregnant self

Will playing with his Grammy. He's big into bubbles these days, especially the cool bubble gun toy she got him to play with.

Aunt Brenda and Uncle Mark drove up from Hilton Head for the graduation. We always love seeing them.

We went and played at the park in Grammy and Grandpa's neighborhood. It was HOT! Will's taking a break in the shade. Check out those sneakers on him. Ha!

Will had his first guitar lesson from his Poppa. Will loves music and his Poppa is a brilliant guitarist so this was a special moment.

Will and Uncle Stephen on the John Deere tractor. I think Will really thought he was cutting the grass. He thought it was pretty fun.

Will and his Nana.

Will and Aunt Emmy reading a book. Will says "cheese" now before pictures. He doesn't smile but says cheese hence his little facial expression in this shot.

Don't worry Poppa, I got it. Will LOVED boat rides. He would walk over to my Dad and pull on him so he would get up and he could sit down and drive. He didn't want to sit in his lap, he wanted to do it himself. Will also figured out which button was the horn and he was really intent on pressing it while also pushing on the throttle. It was pretty funny, and slightly scary, how quickly he figured it out.

Will and Mommy on a boat ride.

We met Aunt Hilary and Audrey one day at Mall of Georgia to play and have lunch. They have an indoor train for the kids by the play area and Will was in hog heaven. He didn't want to get off when our ride was over and kept running back to the Choo Choo. I'm noticing a trend with this little guy.

Here are all the kiddos at the family reunion. These are all of my cousins kids, which I guess makes them Will's second cousins??? I don't know, I can never figure that stuff out. It's a super cute bunch, that's for sure!

Here's a picture of all of my cousins minus Katie (and my siblings) with their spouses. I always have such a great time with them and wish we lived closer together.

Same crowd but this time with our Poppa and Grannie

Will eating Aunt Pat's homemade ice cream. YUMMY!

Blowing bubbles with Nana

Playing on the lakeshore

My little boat, tractor, train, vroom vroom (car) lover getting his first taste of a jet ski.

His first jet ski ride with Daddy. He had so much fun and didn't want to come in.

These are some shots I got of him that I thought were cute and worth sharing.

We got to see some of our South Georgia family at a family reunion Memorial Day weekend which was a lot of fun. Will got to play with his cousins which I always am grateful for. Overall, it was a busy trip with a few days of rest here and there.
On the last day of our trip we got the unexpected call telling us that a close family friend had passed away, Mr. Joel Padgett. He is a part of every Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Easter, graduations, etc. memory I have as a child, teenager and adult. The Padgett family is my family so it was with a heavy heart we said goodbye, but there is peace in knowing he is no longer in pain and finally at rest in the presence of Jesus. We were glad to be able to stay in Georgia a few extra days to be there with the family and for his memorial service. He will be missed.
The Padgett/Eagar/Chen family (pre Audrey) in 2007 (Mr. Joel is far right).

Pictures from our trip-
John's Graduation - hard to believe he's headed for college! We're very proud of him.
Nate and his Dad - otherwise known as Grandpa
My sweet sister and my pregnant self
Will playing with his Grammy. He's big into bubbles these days, especially the cool bubble gun toy she got him to play with.
Aunt Brenda and Uncle Mark drove up from Hilton Head for the graduation. We always love seeing them.
We went and played at the park in Grammy and Grandpa's neighborhood. It was HOT! Will's taking a break in the shade. Check out those sneakers on him. Ha!
Will had his first guitar lesson from his Poppa. Will loves music and his Poppa is a brilliant guitarist so this was a special moment.
Will and Uncle Stephen on the John Deere tractor. I think Will really thought he was cutting the grass. He thought it was pretty fun.
Will and his Nana.
Will and Aunt Emmy reading a book. Will says "cheese" now before pictures. He doesn't smile but says cheese hence his little facial expression in this shot.
Don't worry Poppa, I got it. Will LOVED boat rides. He would walk over to my Dad and pull on him so he would get up and he could sit down and drive. He didn't want to sit in his lap, he wanted to do it himself. Will also figured out which button was the horn and he was really intent on pressing it while also pushing on the throttle. It was pretty funny, and slightly scary, how quickly he figured it out.
Will and Mommy on a boat ride.
We met Aunt Hilary and Audrey one day at Mall of Georgia to play and have lunch. They have an indoor train for the kids by the play area and Will was in hog heaven. He didn't want to get off when our ride was over and kept running back to the Choo Choo. I'm noticing a trend with this little guy.
Here are all the kiddos at the family reunion. These are all of my cousins kids, which I guess makes them Will's second cousins??? I don't know, I can never figure that stuff out. It's a super cute bunch, that's for sure!
Here's a picture of all of my cousins minus Katie (and my siblings) with their spouses. I always have such a great time with them and wish we lived closer together.
Same crowd but this time with our Poppa and Grannie
Will eating Aunt Pat's homemade ice cream. YUMMY!
Blowing bubbles with Nana
Playing on the lakeshore
My little boat, tractor, train, vroom vroom (car) lover getting his first taste of a jet ski.
His first jet ski ride with Daddy. He had so much fun and didn't want to come in.
These are some shots I got of him that I thought were cute and worth sharing.
Comments