Easter
I have a great epic fail as far as Easter pictures go. It was just one thing after the other that all boiled down to nothing good. Let's start at the beginning, shall we?
I had to be at church by 8:30AM to sing. Nate and a PJ clothed Will piled in the truck to drop me off. I had carefully laid out Will's Easter outfit so Nate knew just what to put him in. Turns out there was a wardrobe malfunction. The khaki pants I had purchased for my ever growing child turned out to be too long. The khaki shorts I had bought him for Summer are too big and appeared more like cropped pants, not to mention they wouldn't stay up on his waist. Rookie mistake on my part not to make him try the whole thing on prior to Sunday morning. This left Nate with one option, the dreaded jeans. That's right, Will went to church on Easter Sunday in jeans and his cute Spring-y polo. Shudder. We won't even go into the matter of socks. All I'm going to say is I forgot to leave out a pair and though I told Nate to put him in some that matched his shirt, white would have worked, that did not happen either. Easter Sunday nonetheless. Sigh. Fail # 1.
After church we headed to a local state park for a picnic with a bunch of friends. We flew home from church, quickly made honey baked ham sandwiches, got changed from church clothes and quickly made our way to the meet up while the clock screamed we were late. We pull in, start to unpack and I realized I've forgotten my camera. That's right. Fail # 2.
Will took a late nap because of our fun picnic at the park and we decided since it was such a hectic morning to do his Easter basket and mini egg hunt when he woke up. I had the camera ready to go, made sure he was still in his shirt, even if it was with denim shorts, and was ready to go. No matter where I sat, he kept turning his back to me. He would come near me and then turn around to look at his stuff. So, there really isn't a good picture in the lot. Fail # 3.
Despite the obvious picture failures to our day, we had a great Easter. Church was great, the picnic with our friends was relaxing and fun and we enjoyed Will going through his Easter "bucket" (we got him a big sand bucket this year since he doesn't care and he can use it at the beach this Summer). He thought the chocolate Easter bunny was the bomb diggity, that's right, I said it. Our Easter dinner was delicious and the family time all day was memorable. I truly wish we could have captured the moments but that just wasn't meant to be.
Here's what I was able to get...
Easter Bucket.

He was pretty excited about the sidewalk chalk even though he had no idea what it was.

Easter Eggs had Chocolate Bunny crackers in them. Yum!

He made a bee line for the crayons. Though we made him look at the rest of the items all he wanted to do was color with his new crayons.

So we let him-
I had to be at church by 8:30AM to sing. Nate and a PJ clothed Will piled in the truck to drop me off. I had carefully laid out Will's Easter outfit so Nate knew just what to put him in. Turns out there was a wardrobe malfunction. The khaki pants I had purchased for my ever growing child turned out to be too long. The khaki shorts I had bought him for Summer are too big and appeared more like cropped pants, not to mention they wouldn't stay up on his waist. Rookie mistake on my part not to make him try the whole thing on prior to Sunday morning. This left Nate with one option, the dreaded jeans. That's right, Will went to church on Easter Sunday in jeans and his cute Spring-y polo. Shudder. We won't even go into the matter of socks. All I'm going to say is I forgot to leave out a pair and though I told Nate to put him in some that matched his shirt, white would have worked, that did not happen either. Easter Sunday nonetheless. Sigh. Fail # 1.
After church we headed to a local state park for a picnic with a bunch of friends. We flew home from church, quickly made honey baked ham sandwiches, got changed from church clothes and quickly made our way to the meet up while the clock screamed we were late. We pull in, start to unpack and I realized I've forgotten my camera. That's right. Fail # 2.
Will took a late nap because of our fun picnic at the park and we decided since it was such a hectic morning to do his Easter basket and mini egg hunt when he woke up. I had the camera ready to go, made sure he was still in his shirt, even if it was with denim shorts, and was ready to go. No matter where I sat, he kept turning his back to me. He would come near me and then turn around to look at his stuff. So, there really isn't a good picture in the lot. Fail # 3.
Despite the obvious picture failures to our day, we had a great Easter. Church was great, the picnic with our friends was relaxing and fun and we enjoyed Will going through his Easter "bucket" (we got him a big sand bucket this year since he doesn't care and he can use it at the beach this Summer). He thought the chocolate Easter bunny was the bomb diggity, that's right, I said it. Our Easter dinner was delicious and the family time all day was memorable. I truly wish we could have captured the moments but that just wasn't meant to be.
Here's what I was able to get...
Easter Bucket.
He was pretty excited about the sidewalk chalk even though he had no idea what it was.
Easter Eggs had Chocolate Bunny crackers in them. Yum!
He made a bee line for the crayons. Though we made him look at the rest of the items all he wanted to do was color with his new crayons.
So we let him-
Comments
Love you ALL,
Nana
He is just precious!
Love ya!