Cherry Blossoms

Will and I had a big adventure yesterday. We went into DC with some friends to see the Cherry Blossoms. It was a great day of accomplishment because it was the first time I've driven into DC without Nate. It can be a little scary, and I'm an aggressive Atlanta driver!

My friends Heather, Mariah and I decided we are capable, competent women who were up for the challenge of taking our kids to the city. We got four car seats successfully loaded into my SUV (no small feat since this is normally a Daddy job), and we were off! We made our way to Hains Point and found some free parking. We then began our long walk towards the tidal basin.

The tidal basin itself was beautiful and there were lots of people. The blooms were no longer at peak but it was still pretty to look at. We walked all the way to the Washington Monument where we threw out our blanket and had a picnic. The kids got to run and play until their hearts content. It was such a beautiful day. We broke camp, applied some more sunscreen and headed back to the tidal basin for some pictures. Then we began our long walk to the car. It took us about 45 minutes to get all the way back there.

The scariest part of driving in DC to me is trying to get out of the city back to 395 South. You never get to leave the same way you go in and it is always confusing because the streets aren't that well marked. Heather said it's kind of like once you're there they don't want you to leave and it feels so true. Thankfully we had a GPS, patience and made it out with no trouble at all. the kids zoned out to a DVD and the Moms reveled in our victory.

Overall, it was a total success and we are already discussing our next adventure. We had so much fun and only a few of us got sunburned, few of us being me. Ha! Enjoy the pictures.

Will and I in front of the Jefferson Memorial and tidal basin.

The little ones.

Picnic by the Washington Monument.

My cutie pie.

Will and Moira running on the lawn.

Having a blast.

Will, me and the cherry blossoms.

Watching a movie on the ride home, the boys were pooped but Moira was refreshed because she took a nap in her stroller.

Comments

Riah said…
Such a fun day! I can't wait for our next adventure. I love how Moira is TOTALLY making a move on your boy. ;-)

Popular Posts