Tuesday's Tip

I've noticed lately that several of my friends have had issues with pre-packaged food bought at grocery stores that once home and opened it's moldy. That happened to me last week. It was a product I buy repeatedly and I was very disappointed. When I opened it for usage it was late, raining and I didn't want to throw Will in the truck to go exchange it. Not to mention, I already had other things in the oven. I was annoyed it had happened in the first place and the inconvenience it caused.

Here's the tip. My first call is never to the grocery store. I go directly to the manufacturer. Every product you buy has a phone number on it for customer service. Use it! A quick call to this line, I explained what I had found and gave them some information on the packaging and what store I had purchased my product. She was apologetic and is sending me not just a coupon to cover my expenses and next purchase of this product but also a free copy of their Spring cookbook.

I've done this for years, every time something like this happens, and always get multiple free and discount coupons in doing this. Also, it always proves more effective then going to the grocery store. I figured let the manufacturer deal with the store. You can always double up and do both if you feel so inclined.

I am the letter writing, customer service calling consumer that when something I purchase be it product or service is wrong I act immediately. It can embarrass Nate to no end; however, I always get my money back and usually get something else free out of the process.

Next time you find yourself in this predicament, don't forget to call the manufacturer!

Please email me any tips you may have for the survival of this post. Ha! I'm running out. :)

Have a great week!

Comments

Minivan Lover said…
Love it! My aunt once got a toostie pop without a tootsie in it. She called and they sent her a HUGE container full of tootsied pops :)
Kay's Family said…
My stuff is always boring like crackers, chicken fingers, etc. A container of tootsie pops is way better!
~Ali

Popular Posts