Gluttony

After the last blog post was filled with a gluttony of pictures I was intending to not repeat my offense with the next post but somehow I think I have. There are just so many cute moments to share with Will's public that it's hard to choose what to share and what to withold. So, fortunately or unfortunately for you I always tend to lean on the generous side with pictures of our little man.

Will is very close to walking. We're not quite there but he is cruising around everything holding on to furniture, the wall and really anything he can get his hands on as he goes. He's getting more bold with the space distance from one holding point to another and sometimes makes giant leans and throws of his body weight to get somewhere. We've seen him take a step or two here and there but he doesn't realize yet that he's doing it. I'm good with that. Crawling and cruising is mobile enough for me for now. It's inevitable though and I'm sure going to happen in the not too distant future.

One of Will's latest tricks, well other than throwing everything he can get his hands on on the floor, is this little coughing game his grandfather and uncle taught him while we were in Atlanta. If he hears someone cough, he will fake cough back at them thinking it's a game. It's super cute. You'll be in a completely different room and truly cough and hear his little fake cough coming from somewhere else in the house. He fake coughs at complete strangers to get their attention when he feels like he hasn't been duly noted and adored. Ha! He also learned to give a high five while in Atlanta and he has continued that cute little trick as well.

Okay, below is this past weeks gluttony of Will pictures. Can you believe he's almost 1 years old? My goodness this year together has flown by so fast and he's grown so much already. Alright, enough off my sentimental mommy rambles. Enjoy the picture fest.

Will talking to himself in a mirror in the book. He also gives the mirror kisses. Baby vain, we know.

Walking around behind his cart. He goes from one side of the house to the other over and over. When he gets stuck on a piece of furniture he just stares at you until you come and redirect him and then he's off again.

He stood on his tip toes to sneak up on Daddy behind the chair where he was sitting. Will thought it was downright hysterical and we got a good laugh too.

Stuck and quite annoyed about it.

Baby bed head.

Playing with his new toy we found at a yard sale. He loves this thing and spends much time opening and closing the front door and pushing all the buttons that result in lights and music. The best $4 we ever spent.

I caught him doing this today. He was trying to get to the diapers and other misc items we have down in the bottom of the box.

You can imagine how this ended up. Ha!

The cute face of trouble!

Comments

JoEllen said…
Amazing how close he is to walking. I love the new house for $4.00 - what a buy. We are looking forward to celebrating Will's one year birthday with you. It truly feels like yesterday we were in Virginia celebrating his birth.
Much love,
Grandma jo
Jen said…
Look at that handsome young boy! Oh how BIG they are getting. It's funny b/c I think Will looks exactly like a larger version of his newborn self and I don't see any of Emily Kate's newborn self in her at all (haven't for a long time).

Emily Kate is getting that same house for her birthday (can you believe we have to think about birthdays already?! YIKES!). I got it on Craigslist for $25 and I thought that was a steal considering they are $80 at Toys R Us and like $130 on Amazon. Wow! You got a FABULOUS deal! Glad to hear he likes it so much. Hopefully she will too. The reviews are great.

She also has that same walker. I think it is the best one out there by far because it is wider than all of the others and her feet don't hit the wheels when she walks (causing her to fall).

We need to get together sometime in the not too distant future. :)

Glad to hear you all are doing so well and so nice to see Will growing into a little boy as well!

Popular Posts