It's about time...
2007 turned out to be a slow blogging year for me. It wasn't because the year wasn't packed with great experiences and memories, but rather probably more due to the crazy pace we keep and my new job that kept my blogging activity on the back burner. Well, I suppose it's time to resurrect the old blogger and get back into the habit of posting. 2008 is going to be a great year!
However, before we get to 2008 I suppose I should recap 2007. Here's my attempt:
I started my new job February 1, 2007. I do marketing and event planning for a government contractor so after acquiring a security clearance I went to work supporting my client. It is probably the most demanding job I've ever had. I’m still singing a lot at our church in the choir and on the praise team occasionally. A girlfriend and I formed a band called ‘Lifted,’ and we’ve led worship at a few different events this past year. We have been asked to lead worship at NorthStar Women's Network's (Northern Virginia’s top women’s ministry) annual Spring conference where author Elizabeth George will be the key note speaker. We’re very excited about the opportunity but you’ll hear more about that in next years letter. I'm also leading a Bible Study for some women from our Sunday School class. It's been a great experience so far and I look forward to continuing it in the new year.
Nate still loves his job. It has provided him with many, for lack of a better word, “cool” opportunities and he has met a lot of great people. This past August he did a sprint triathlon with some friends in Luray, VA. They trained for a few months prior, did great and are already talking about the one next year. It was a great experience. He’s still an active member of the "Xbox ministry" at our church and is involved in a men's Bible study. Nate also started graduate school back in August and is spending a lot of time studying and in class.
In February, we traveled to Atlanta for our goddaughters baby dedication and 1st birthday party. Stephen, my brother, visited us in March and we were able to tour of the White House. We actually got to stand in the Oval Office. The Koonces, friends for 10+ years, came from Nashville to visit on their Spring Break. We had a great visit and toured George Washington’s Mt. Vernon with them. In April, Andie Rankins, my best friend and one of my college roommates, flew in from Nashville for a long weekend and we visited the National Zoo. In June, I flew to West Palm Beach, FL with my family to visit our Great Aunt Victoria. It truly was a weekend of seeing how the “other half” live. In August we did a long weekend at a B&B in Pennsylvania. We visited Hershey, PA and did the World of Chocolate along with seeing Gettysburg and touring there. In September, my parents came to visit with my Aunt Pat and Uncle Doug. We had such a great time together seeing the sights and we even went a few places that Nate and I had not seen yet like touring the National Cathedral, Arlington Cemetery’s Changing of the Guard and a “monuments by moonlight” tour. Nate and I went to several Navy football games this year and got to meet up with Dan (groomsman) and Melissa Lindbloom at one when they were in town visiting from CA. My freshman year roommate Annette flew to town for a visit in December. Nate and I are constantly up to something with our good friends here in Woodbridge. From lunch after church on Sundays, get togethers, Bible Studies, pool parties, pumpkin carving parties, Christmas White Elephant parties, etc. we are never wanting for things to do or great people to do them with in this area.
Some of our big news from 2007 is we bought a house! We are very excited about it and look forward to moving in on January 12th. While our tenure at Cranes Bill Way has been pleasant with many good memories, like Nate's Amazing Race birthday party, we are happy to be home owners again. We’re painting the walls, putting up blinds and making the place our own. E-mail us for the new address!
Our other big news, even bigger than a new house, is that we found out we're expecting our first child. The baby is due on August 4th. I'm feeling as good as someone in their first trimester can expect to feel and everything seems to be on track so far with the little one. We are both extremely blessed and excited to start our family. We told our families over the Christmas holiday and everyone is thrilled.
I guess that is about it for 2007. It has been an amazing year of growth, new beginnings and fun! God's faithfulness and provision continue to be so evident in our lives. Nate and I both hope your 2007 was fantastic and that your 2008 will be even better.
Stay in touch and God bless!
Ali, Nate and Bailey Dog
However, before we get to 2008 I suppose I should recap 2007. Here's my attempt:
I started my new job February 1, 2007. I do marketing and event planning for a government contractor so after acquiring a security clearance I went to work supporting my client. It is probably the most demanding job I've ever had. I’m still singing a lot at our church in the choir and on the praise team occasionally. A girlfriend and I formed a band called ‘Lifted,’ and we’ve led worship at a few different events this past year. We have been asked to lead worship at NorthStar Women's Network's (Northern Virginia’s top women’s ministry) annual Spring conference where author Elizabeth George will be the key note speaker. We’re very excited about the opportunity but you’ll hear more about that in next years letter. I'm also leading a Bible Study for some women from our Sunday School class. It's been a great experience so far and I look forward to continuing it in the new year.
Nate still loves his job. It has provided him with many, for lack of a better word, “cool” opportunities and he has met a lot of great people. This past August he did a sprint triathlon with some friends in Luray, VA. They trained for a few months prior, did great and are already talking about the one next year. It was a great experience. He’s still an active member of the "Xbox ministry" at our church and is involved in a men's Bible study. Nate also started graduate school back in August and is spending a lot of time studying and in class.
In February, we traveled to Atlanta for our goddaughters baby dedication and 1st birthday party. Stephen, my brother, visited us in March and we were able to tour of the White House. We actually got to stand in the Oval Office. The Koonces, friends for 10+ years, came from Nashville to visit on their Spring Break. We had a great visit and toured George Washington’s Mt. Vernon with them. In April, Andie Rankins, my best friend and one of my college roommates, flew in from Nashville for a long weekend and we visited the National Zoo. In June, I flew to West Palm Beach, FL with my family to visit our Great Aunt Victoria. It truly was a weekend of seeing how the “other half” live. In August we did a long weekend at a B&B in Pennsylvania. We visited Hershey, PA and did the World of Chocolate along with seeing Gettysburg and touring there. In September, my parents came to visit with my Aunt Pat and Uncle Doug. We had such a great time together seeing the sights and we even went a few places that Nate and I had not seen yet like touring the National Cathedral, Arlington Cemetery’s Changing of the Guard and a “monuments by moonlight” tour. Nate and I went to several Navy football games this year and got to meet up with Dan (groomsman) and Melissa Lindbloom at one when they were in town visiting from CA. My freshman year roommate Annette flew to town for a visit in December. Nate and I are constantly up to something with our good friends here in Woodbridge. From lunch after church on Sundays, get togethers, Bible Studies, pool parties, pumpkin carving parties, Christmas White Elephant parties, etc. we are never wanting for things to do or great people to do them with in this area.
Some of our big news from 2007 is we bought a house! We are very excited about it and look forward to moving in on January 12th. While our tenure at Cranes Bill Way has been pleasant with many good memories, like Nate's Amazing Race birthday party, we are happy to be home owners again. We’re painting the walls, putting up blinds and making the place our own. E-mail us for the new address!
Our other big news, even bigger than a new house, is that we found out we're expecting our first child. The baby is due on August 4th. I'm feeling as good as someone in their first trimester can expect to feel and everything seems to be on track so far with the little one. We are both extremely blessed and excited to start our family. We told our families over the Christmas holiday and everyone is thrilled.
I guess that is about it for 2007. It has been an amazing year of growth, new beginnings and fun! God's faithfulness and provision continue to be so evident in our lives. Nate and I both hope your 2007 was fantastic and that your 2008 will be even better.
Stay in touch and God bless!
Ali, Nate and Bailey Dog
Comments