Longing for Home

Longing for Home

In times like these my heart aches, it's full of sorrow and grief
There's so much pain everywhere and there is no relief
To the God who is my strength and help, in these wounded times
Come be my peace and all I need
Because I'm

Longing for Home
I'm longing for that place of perfect peace
Where joy and holiness meet
I cry for the ones who have gone before us
But envy that they're already there
These days my heart is, ever steadfastly
Longing for Home

My heart is raw and soul so heavy with these tears I cry
I've hit my capacity for trying to understand and answer all the whys
Young babies, gentle mothers, it never seems to end
Come be my peace and all I need
Because I'm

Longing for Home
I'm longing for that place of perfect peace
Where joy and holiness meet
I cry for the ones who have gone before us
But envy that they're already there
These days my heart is, ever steadfastly
Longing for Home

I know there is a purpose and my time is not yet complete
But, the thought of Your perfect, painless presence
Is so appealing to me
Because I'm

Alison L.
2/23/07

Comments

Popular Posts