Team Doolittle!
Nate and I were letting American Idol Season 6 entertain us last night while waiting for the State of the Union. This phase of the show is usually boring to me. I don't enjoy listening to horrible singers or watching them get their feelings hurt. I usually don't tune in until they get to LA but last night we did for whatever the reason. Boy was I surprised when I looked up at the screen about halfway through the show and think to myself, "that girl looks really familiar." I took a closer look and said to Nate, "I think I know her."
She walks into the room and stands before Simon, Paula and Randy and her name and home location comes up at the bottom of the screen - Melinda Doolittle Brentwood, TN. I exclaim, "I knew it!" It was not a surprise that she has the talent to be there, but a pleasant shock to see a familiar face on the screen. Let me tell you friends, this girl can sing!
Simon sat up in his chair and directly says to her, "You walk in with no confidence, no attitude, and yet you are... a brilliant singer... You are... what it's all about." He also said that she was one of the best who have ever auditioned. Again, no shock there!
Melinda, It's been years since our Chadasha days and sitting in Music Business classes at Belmont but we are completely behind you and have joined Team Doolittle. I couldn't be more proud or excited for you. Go get 'em girl! Take it all the way!
She walks into the room and stands before Simon, Paula and Randy and her name and home location comes up at the bottom of the screen - Melinda Doolittle Brentwood, TN. I exclaim, "I knew it!" It was not a surprise that she has the talent to be there, but a pleasant shock to see a familiar face on the screen. Let me tell you friends, this girl can sing!
Simon sat up in his chair and directly says to her, "You walk in with no confidence, no attitude, and yet you are... a brilliant singer... You are... what it's all about." He also said that she was one of the best who have ever auditioned. Again, no shock there!
Melinda, It's been years since our Chadasha days and sitting in Music Business classes at Belmont but we are completely behind you and have joined Team Doolittle. I couldn't be more proud or excited for you. Go get 'em girl! Take it all the way!
Comments